Kuali Time is an automated system that plays an important role in ensuring paycheck accuracy for Indiana University’s hourly and biweekly staff. It collects time and attendance data each pay period, and automatically routes timesheets for review and approval. That data is then fed to the payroll system, where paychecks are calculated.
Types of Users
- Hourly/Biweekly: staff for logging hours worked, attendance data, and viewing available leave time.
- Supervisors: for reviewing and approving their employees’ timesheets.
- Payroll Processors: for providing secondary approvals of timesheets.
- Payroll Managers: for establishing system rules and settings for their departments.
Our Support Role
The Office of the University Controller establishes and manages timekeeping systems. Per University Policy FIN-PAY-020, it will also "create, implement, monitor, modify, and enforce operating procedures and internal control processes consistent with this policy to ensure accurate and timely collection of the hours worked by Indiana University’s non-exempt staff in compliance with the university’s legal obligations."
Need technical support?
Additionally, our office provides direct technical support to payroll managers as they configure timekeeping rules for their departments, as well as working with University Information Technology Services (UITS) to maintain system health and resolve performance issues.
Looking for Training and Documentation?
If you're a new employee who will record time and attendance in Kuali Time, you can find online resources in the Services for Employees section of our website, or by clicking below.
Explore Employee resources for Kuali Time
Payroll Processors, Managers, and Time Administrators can access Kuali Time training videos and documentatation from our Payroll Processors instructions library.
Explore Kuali Time for Payroll Processors and Time Administrators
Hours of Availability
24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Recommended operating systems include Windows 8 or 10 and macOS X 10.10 or higher. As for internet browsers, we recommend the latest version available for any of the following: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Kuali Time kiosks are configured through group policies (GPOs). Currently, there are two main types of Kuali Time Kiosk configurations:
|Magtek USB Swipe reader||bl-uits-tk-prod-edge-64-kiosk||https://apps.iu.edu/kpme-prd/kioskusb/|
|Schlage Proximity reader||bl-uits-tk-prod-prox-64-kiosk||https://apps.iu.edu/kpme-prd/kiosktap/|
Kiosks may give employees the choice to swipe/tap their ID card or log in using the login button on the kiosk screen.
- The employee swipes/taps their IU ID card in card reader and their timesheet opens.
- For kiosks without a card reader or if experiencing card problems, the employee clicks the login button, enters their Username and Passphrase and their timesheet opens.
- During 2023, we will be transitioning the card swipe readers over to proximity readers. To order a proximity reader, follow the instructions here.
- Detailed instructions for setting up a kiosk can be found here.