HRMS Payroll is the module of PeopleSoft's Human Resource Management System (HRMS) that is used for calculating employee paychecks, including wages, benefits, payroll taxes, garnishments, and other deductions. The system integrates with Kuali Time to collect biweekly-paid employees' time and attendance data each pay period. It also integrates with the Kuali Financial System (KFS) to send labor ledger and general ledger entries to departmental accounts that fund payroll activity.
- Departmental Payroll Processors: for the day-to-day operations of reviewing and approving payroll vouchers each payroll closing.
- Departmental Payroll Managers and Fiscal Approvers: for overseeing the execution of payroll policies and best practices for thier organization.
- Fiscal Officers: for overseeing this major component of operating expenses on their accounts.
- Campus Payroll Administrators: for providing backup support of payroll processing needs.
- University Payroll staff: for providing functional and technical support to departments and performing final paycheck calculations each payroll closing.
The Office of the University Controller establishes and manages payroll systems. Per University Policy FIN-PAY-001, it will also "create, implement, monitor, modify, and enforce operating procedures and internal control processes consistent with this policy to ensure accurate and timely payment of Indiana University’s employees in compliance with the university’s legal obligations and financial management goals." Additionally, the University Payroll team coordinates regular communications to system users, develops reports to meet data needs, and provides direct support to payroll processors, managers, and campus payroll administrators.
The Office of the University Controller shares technical maintenance and functional support of HRMS Payroll with several other offices including University Human Resources, Faculty and Academic Affairs, and the HRMS team in University Information Technology Services (UITS).
Our website includes a section dedicated to supporting the unique responsibilities of Indiana University's Payroll Processors. If you've completed the requisite training and have the system access, these additional online resources will provide immessurable value.
If you’re experiencing technical difficulties such as a system outage or slow performance, please contact our office.
Jump over to the Systems Access page of HRMS Payroll to learn about levels of access, training requirements, and access request procedures.
Monday-Saturday: 6 a.m.-11:59 p.m. Sunday: 8 a.m.-11:59 p.m.
Recommended operating systems include Windows 8 or 10 and macOS X 10.10 or higher. As for internet browsers, we recommend the latest version available for any of the following: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.