University Budget Office Year End Close
This page is currently being updated - please check back for FY22 Year-End updates
This page includes two University Budget Office year-end reports. The first one is the Campus Cash and Days Cash on Hand Report compiled by the University Budget Office (UBO). Three different reports will be posted for the Campus Cash and Days Cash on Hand Report for first close, second close and final close. The reports are by fund group and provide users with information regarding ending fund balance, ending cash balance and days cash on hand. Please note that, Designated Fund amounts exclude designated adjusting entry accounts.
The second report is the Executive Enrollment Report from UIRR. Both of these reports will need special CAS access to be able to view them. If you do not have access to these reports and they are required in the execution of assigned duties, please talk to your campus administrator or fiscal officer, so they can obtain access or provide you with a copy.
University Budget Office (UBO) Campus Cash and Days Cash on Hand Report
Executive Enrollment Report
Campus Fiscal Year End Narratives are due 7/23
Please ensure campus narratives address the following topics/questions:
- Summarize significant uses of cash/reserve in FY21 (i.e. COVID related expenses and losses, strategic initiatives, financial aid, refunds, capital projects/R&R, new programs, equipment).
- Does the campus have plans in place to spend unrestricted stimulus reimbursement received in FY21 and remaining stimulus funding in excess of central expenses (i.e. testing and mitigation)
- Summarize the fiscal health of the campus and RCs.
- How did the campus actual enrollment in FY21 compare to targets? Were there any RCs or programs that had significant variances and what were the drivers?
- Were there any other significant revenue or expenses variances compared to adjusted budgets.
- What expense mitigation measures had the greatest impact on the fiscal health of the campus and RCs (salary freeze, hiring freeze, other expense reductions, etc.). What continued impact is expected in the FY22 budget?
- Other than the 5% mandatory expense cut, what expense reduction and cost avoidance measure has the campus taken (shared services, reorganizations, salary savings, etc.)
- Are there any RCs that are financially concerning, and what plans are in place to grow revenue or reduce expenses and return to fiscal health.
For any questions, comments or suggestions with regards to the furnished information, please do not hesitate to contact UBO at email@example.com.