Kuali Financial System | Access
This page contains information on the different levels of permissions within the Kuali Financial System (KFS), their requirements, and how to formally request access.
Our office is reviewing the current offerings of roles/permissions for improvement opportunities to internal controls. Please check back often, as roles and access requirements and procedures are subject to change.
Individuals who will need to initiate Financial Processing documents, approve any KFS documents in Workflow, or perform balance inquiries must first have the KFS User Role.
- Obtain one of the following employment statuses:
- Active job in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Access may not be provisioned before the employee's start date with IU.
- No Pay University Associate status in HRMS.
- Affiliate status with documented KFS access pre-approval by University Controller. Fiscal Officers may submit Affiliate KFS pre-approval requests to UCO Financial Systems Administration.
- Sign the Acceptable Use Agreement.
- KFS System User Role document, submitted by Fiscal Officer. Review this training documentation for help.
- Allow up to two business days for processing. Our office will email the new user to confirm access provision or to communicate any issues requiring attention.
Training requirements for KFS access are temporarily suspended. Ample notice will be provided to Fiscal Officers when requirements are reinstated.
While training is not currently required, we do recommend a few courses from Financial Training & Communications to get you started on the right track. Peruse their website, or register now for upcoming offerings in the following:
- Getting Started in KFS
- Common KFS Documents
- KFS Balance Inquiries
In addition to the KFS User role, your job duties may require additional permissions and even access to additional KFS modules. Fiscal Officers may request this additional access, subject to review and approval, for their staff.
- Accounts Receivable Module: Includes access to create customer profiles, invoice customers, and apply payments to invoices. Submit the KFS AR Viewer Access Questionnaire.
- Capital Assets Module: Includes roles for maintaining capital assets for an organization. Contact UCO Capital Asset Management.
- Electronic Payment Claim. Thie role is granted as part of ARSOP 8.0. Contact EFT Claim Help.
- Pre-Disbursement Processor Module: Includes roles for viewing payment details on check, ACH, and Payment Plus disbursements. Contact UCO Financial Systems Administration.
- Service Billing Document: Streamlined document for recording the income and corresponding expense for billings of goods and services between university accounts.
- Other: For other KFS roles not listed here, contact UCO Financial Systems Administration.
Not sure if KFS access is what you need? Jump over to our Systems We Support | KFS page to learn more about it.